Spiritual Care Services
At CHI St. Joseph Health, Spiritual Care is an essential part of our ability to provide holistic care. As a Catholic Healthcare System, we value the diversity of ways in which faith is expressed and we’re committed to making sure the faith, beliefs and values of our patients and families are honored.
Our staff is devoted to becoming informed about each patient’s spirituality and how it influences their health care decisions. By doing so, we can bring additional comfort and an increased sense of well-being to every aspect of care.
A team of caring volunteers.
With permission, our well-trained Spiritual Care volunteers visit our patients and their families to offer emotional and spiritual support to ease the stress of being in the hospital.
Spiritual Care volunteers include:
- Care Partners – These compassionate individuals are assigned to the ER, Day Surgery, and the Med/Surg Units. They are trained to offer special care and attention to patients and families through caring support and even prayer, when it is requested
- Eucharistic Ministers – These exceptional volunteers visit Catholic patients throughout the hospital and Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation locations to offer communion to our Roman Catholic patients
All Spiritual Care volunteers are approved and trained by our Spiritual Care Department.
Services that minister to your spirit.
In addition to a spiritually-sensitive staff and volunteer team, our Spiritual Services Department also provides:
- A dial-a-prayer program
- Daily communion, upon request
- A bi-monthly memorial service
- Catholic Mass Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m.
- An in-house religious channel - respecting the faith of each patient.
It’s all part of our plan to provide holistic care for mind, body and spirit.