CPR First Aid Training
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED teaches students critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services arrives. Audience: this course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements. Adult and child CPR and AED use, infant CPR, and how to relieve choking in adults, children, and infants are covered.
- Tuesday, January 12, 2021; 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Tuesday, February 09, 2021; 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Tuesday, March 09, 2021; 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021; 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Basic Life Support (BLS or CPR) for Healthcare Providers course trains healthcare providers to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021; 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Thursday, February 18, 2021; 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Thursday, March 04, 2021; 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Thursday, April 22, 2021; 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Important Registration Information:
- Please call Healthy Communities at 979.731.1231 to register.
- Advance registration and payment are required for all certification courses.
- All certification courses offered at this time are "blended learning" courses (combines online education/in-person skills practice). These courses limit classroom time, combine the flexibility of online training with hands-on skills practice and testing with an AHA Instructor. Students must complete the online portion of the course before attending the in-person skills portion of the class. This information will be provided upon registration.
- Please note: the $25 fee paid to Healthy Communities covers the participant's in-person skills session - this fee does not cover the online section of the course which will be paid directly to the American Heart Association. Students must provide proof of completion to be allowed entry on the day of class.
- All participants will be screened prior to entry.
- Mask use is required.
- Class size will be limited.
- Additional safety precautions will be explained by the instructor.
Should you need to cancel your registration, refunds/transfers will only be granted if cancellation is made at least two working days prior to the course. No refunds will be granted for late/no-shows.
CHI St. Joseph Health Medical Office Building in Bryan
2700 East 29th Street, Suite 140 Classroom
- From South College Station, head north on Highway 6. Exit Briarcrest Drive and turn left. At East 29th Street, turn right. Pass through the Memorial Drive intersection. Your destination will be on your left (turn in at the helipad). Suite 140 is on the first floor behind the elevators.
- From College Station, head north on Farm to Market Rd 2818/Harvey Mitchell Parkway S. Turn right on W Villa Maria Rd. Drive and use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto E Villa Maria Rd. Drive and then turn right onto East 29th street. Your destination will be on your right (turn in at the helipad). Suite 140 is on the first floor behind the elevators.