Due to COVID-19, all volunteer work for the summer has been postponed. Activities will resume in the Fall
You can make a difference every day.
At CHI St. Joseph Health, volunteers are an integral part of our healthcare ministry. Our volunteer program provides exciting and rewarding opportunities for caring people to provide help and comfort to patients, families and team members at CHI St. Joseph Health.
We have a wide range of programs and assignments to offer. Volunteers are needed in many departments, including Day Surgery, Emergency, Critical Care, nursing floors, Cancer Center, Skilled Nursing & Rehab, and our information desks.
Find out about current opportunities we are recruiting for on the Volunteer Opportunities. For complete listings of all assignments, go to our Opportunity Directory. Assignments are subject to availability and needs of the department.
A volunteer program for you.
No matter what your skills, abilities and gifts are, we’ve got a volunteer program for you. Here’s a sampling of our special volunteer programs:
- Teen Volunteer Program
- Caring Canines (pet therapy)
- Nightingale RN (Registered Nurses)
- Spiritual Care Volunteers
- Senior Enrichment Program (long-term care facilities in Bryan and Caldwell)
- Rural Volunteer Opportunities (facilities in Caldwell, Madisonville, Navasota)
- Be in good health
- Provide a letter of reference
- Complete interview
- Pass background screening
- Fulfill health and immunization requirements
- Tuberculosis testing
- Influenza Vaccination (required for all volunteers October 1-March 31)
- Complete hospital orientation
- Attend Orientation Session
- Attend Department Orientation
To apply to our program, please click on How to Become a Volunteer.
Already a CHI St. Joseph Health volunteer?
Click here to log in to the CHI St. Joseph Health Volunteer Information Center for registered users.