Before your scheduled hospital visit, it's important you contact your insurance company and clearly understand your coverage and benefits. For any medical costs not covered by your insurance company, you’ll be responsible for payment.
Here’s a list of questions we suggest you ask your insurance company:
- What is the specific coverage of my plan?
- What are the deductibles, coinsurance, copayments?
- What is the lifetime maximum amount and annual maximum amounts?
- Does my plan have a pre-existing or waiting period clause? If so, what is the time frame? Can this be waived?
- Does my plan include pharmacy coverage?
- Does my plan require any special approvals before any planned procedure?
- How long does the approval process take once submitted to insurance?
- Does my plan cover any transportation and lodging expenses for me or my family?
- Does my current insurance require enrollment in Medicare when eligible?
- How will my current coverage change after enrolling in Medicare?
- Will my plan become a supplemental or secondary plan?
- Does my insurance follow Medicare Coordination of Benefits guidelines?