MatureWell Lifestyle Center Will Reopen
Dear WellFIT Members,
We are excited to share with you that the gym at MatureWell Lifestyle Center will reopen on Monday, May 18. We are looking forward to seeing you all again soon! The health and safety of our members and staff remains our top priority, and we have worked to ensure all safeguards are in place as we follow guidelines set by the Governor and the Department of Health to reopen our gym and wellness program.
Below are several guidelines and changes that are necessary to protect our members and staff. Please read them carefully. These changes take effect Monday, May 18 and are subject to change.
- The gym will be open during the hours of 12– 7 pm Monday through Friday for members age 40 years and older. We can accommodate up to 20 people in the facility at a time.
- Members can be at the gym for one hour. Entry is on a first come, first served basis. If we are at capacity when you arrive, you will be asked to wait to enter.
- While in the gym, please maintain the 6 feet social distancing guidelines. Certain machines will be disabled in an effort to promote social distancing.
- Cleaning of each machine is required. Staff will clean each machine every hour, however to limit the spread of germs, please wipe down your machines after each use.
- Everyone who enters the facility will be screened at the front desk. The screener will check you in and ask you several questions. You will be asked these questions every time you enter the facility.
- The CDC recommends that you stay home if you are sick, have a weakened immune system or underlying health conditions that may put you at higher risk.
- If you have traveled in the last 14 days, have had a fever, cough or shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, do not enter the facility.
- You will be required to wear a mask when entering and exiting the facility. You are not required to wear a mask during your work-out.
- It is recommended that you wear gloves that cover your whole hand and wrist, but they are not required as stated in a previous email. Hand hygiene is encouraged upon entry into the building and throughout your workout.
- Towels will still be provided for use.
- Water fountains will not be available. Please bring your own water bottle.
- Locker rooms will be closed. You will need to use our single occupancy restrooms in the main lobby.
- The pool will be open by reservation only. Please call (979)731-6131 to inquire for available reservation times. There is a one hour maximum per person.
- One person/same household at a time will be allowed in the pool.
- Showers will not be available.
- No water aerobics classes will be available at this time.
ZOOM FITNESS CLASSES
We will continue to offer Zoom classes at 10 am Monday thru Friday. They will continue to be posted on Facebook as well. Should we increase our class offerings, we will update you.
MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY
We will be closed on Monday, May 25 in observance of Memorial Day.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us. Staying on top of your health has never been more important, whether it’s an ongoing health concern or routine exercise. Again, if you choose to wait, we completely understand and will keep your membership on hold.
Stay healthy and safe,
Lindsey Dauer, MSRLS
Supervisor - WellFIT Program
MatureWell Office: (979)731-6131
*This opening is ONLY for the WellFIT Program at MatureWell. This does NOT include the Lifestyle Club, Dietitian services or Outpatient Therapy at MatureWell. Additionally, the gym at our Rehab location will NOT reopen yet.*