What do patients do in pulmonary rehabilitation?
Our respiratory and physical therapists focus on:
- Educating patients about their condition
- Teaching methods to help people breathe more efficiently
- Building endurance with functional exercises, like:
- Practices to improve strength and lung capacity
- Energy conservation exercises
- Strength training to help muscles overcome the effects of reduced oxygen
- Improving our patients’ quality of life
Who is eligible for pulmonary rehabilitation?
You may be a candidate for respiratory therapy if you:
- Have a lung disease
- Regularly experience shortness of breath
- Have difficulty completing everyday tasks, even while taking medication
If you or a loved one meet the above criteria, schedule a visit with a St. Joseph Health pulmonologist today to discuss whether pulmonary rehabilitation may be right for you.