Volunteers at St. Joseph Health range in age from 14 to 90 plus years of age. They are students, retirees, those in transition, those with special skills who have extra time, and individuals who are fully employed.
All volunteers are required to meet the following criteria:
- Be in good health
- Make a time commitment: Adult (non students) can commit to 6 months and volunteer for 2-4 hours per shift weekly or twice monthly. College & Teens are asked to commit 3 hours per week which is roughly 30-35 hours a semester.
- Provide a letter of reference. The letter can be from an employer, church, civic/volunteer organization, school or teacher/professor. It should include specific information about your character and qualities you possess.
- Pass background screening
- Complete online orientation/forms
- Complete TB testing (required prior to beginning to volunteer and updated yearly).
- Complete Influenza vaccination (required if you volunteer between October 1st and March 31st yearly)