Means better care at lower costs, keeping patients first
By providing a seamless experience through Care Coordination, we're able to make the delivery of quality health care smoother and more affordable. Our care coordination model helps you navigate the healthcare system to more easily make appointments, see the provider you need to see, and schedule diagnostic and lab tests, etc. Your St. Joseph Health Partners Care Coordinator oversees your spectrum of care over time. In addition, chronic disease management is aided through weekly calls, home visits, and other activities.
Your Care Coordinator operates as an extension of your physician's practice, providing timely reports and updates on your condition and care. Together, St. Joseph care team members and physicians form a clinical team that extends care beyond the doctor's office or hospital. This ensures that you're supported in your home and community.
Care Coordinators work with your provider to set
- Care coordination among all your healthcare providers – we work with all of your providers to help you navigate the system, work with your insurance company, get prescriptions filled and your appointments scheduled.
- Community resource referrals – we suggest other resources, such as prescription assistance and community support programs, as needed.
- Disease support services – our providers and Care Coordinators discuss chronic conditions and develop a care plan to keep you moving toward better health.
- Post-hospital care – you can expect a call from a St. Joseph Health Partners Care Coordinator who will help you get well and stay well, as you return home from a hospital stay.
- Smoking cessation and weight management coaching – our providers work with you to develop weight loss and/or cessation goals, and a plan to achieve them.