● 1 small to medium-sized head of cauliflower
○ Should yield 2 to 3 cups once processed
● 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
● 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
● 1 egg
● 1/4 teaspoon salt
● 1/2 teaspoon basil or rosemary (minced or dry)
● 1/2 teaspoon oregano (minced or dry)
● 1 cup marinara sauce
● 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
Altogether, the recipe should only take under 30 minutes to prepare! Here are the instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Remove stems from the cauliflower and cut them into chunks. Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse it until it resembles the texture of rice.
Tip: If you don't have a food processor, a cheese grater or chopping the cauliflower very finely will work.
3. Microwave the minced cauliflower in an uncovered microwave-safe bowl for approximately 4-5 minutes on high. Then, remove it from the microwave and allow it to cool for at least 4-5 minutes.
4. After the cauliflower is slightly cooled, place it in a kitchen towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
5. Combine the cooked cauliflower, egg, garlic, cheese, and seasonings. Stir until a dough-like texture forms.
6. Spread the cauliflower mixture onto lightly greased parchment paper or a pizza pan into your desired shape.
7. Bake the crust for approximately 10-15 minutes (time varies per oven) or until the crust is golden and crispy. Remove it from the oven and add your favorite toppings.
8. Place the pizza back into the oven, but this time turn on its broiler setting and bake for about 2-5 minutes until the cheese melts. It’s important to keep an eye on the pizza at this stage of the baking process, as the broiler setting usually heats faster than the normal oven and is quick to burn.
Tip: If your oven doesn’t have a broiler setting, it’s fine to keep it at 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Take your finished pizza out of the oven, slice, and serve warm. Enjoy!
Want to share your gluten-free cauliflower crust pizza with us? Post a pic on social media, and don’t forget to tag us!
● Facebook: St. Joseph Health
● Twitter: @StJoseph_Health
● Instagram: @stjosephhealthtx
If you have more questions about your health and nutrition, schedule an appointment with one of our nutrition specialists. For healthy meal recommendations, check out more of our healthy recipes.
Save This Blog for Later