Our Trauma Center
Unmatched care... Now Delivered in an Unmatched Facility
With some of the best, most advanced treatments available. Our doctors and staff are also some of the most knowledgeable, experienced medical professionals. The trauma program at CHI St. Joseph Health is a verified Level II Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons and a designated Level II Trauma Center by the Texas Department of State Health Services. This verification and designation makes CHI St. Joseph Health Regional Hospital the highest-level trauma center in the region – meaning that we are equipped to handle the most critically ill and injured patients.
After developing the only Level II Trauma Program in the region, we’ve now invested in a new 24,500 square foot Emergency & Trauma Center to provide residents of the Brazos Valley with even better access to advanced emergency care services.
When time is crucial, we beat the clock. CHI St. Joseph Health’s new Emergency & Trauma Center allows our trauma teams to be even more efficient when treating serious incidents. We’ve created an environment that streamlines every aspect of treatment. By constructing an all-new facility we’ve been able to design the Emergency & Trauma Center specifically to meet the growing needs of our community while including the latest advances in emergency and trauma care and improving efficiency.
According to CDC data, CHI St. Joseph Health’s emergency department cares for patients more acutely ill than national averages. That’s why we refuse to settle in the comfort of our achievements. We are fully committed to continual improvement– and fully prepared to help.
Our New Emergency & Trauma Center:
- Includes private, spacious rooms and Rapid Medical Exam Rooms for minor emergencies
- Addresses the needs of special populations including seniors and patients with unique behavioral health needs
- Provides more convenient access to select areas within the hospital
- Includes two helipads
- Provides more space to support our EMS partners
CHI St. Joseph Health’s Trauma Program – Fully Prepared And Close To Home.
CHI St. Joseph Health is home to the highest-level major trauma center in the Brazos Valley.
- Our Trauma Center is ready when you need us, covering over 9 counties.
- Our emergency and trauma team is the most experienced in the region and backed 24/7 by general surgeons and specialists in orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, cardiothoracic surgery, facial and plastic surgery, anesthesiology, radiology, critical care and more. It’s a level of care that can make a critical difference.
- We work as a team with EMS agencies across the Brazos Valley to share best practices and ensure patients receive the most advanced trauma care possible.
- CHI St. Joseph Health is the primary 911 Service Provider for Burleson County, Grimes County, and Madison County.
- CHI St. Joseph Health’s trauma program is one of only a handful in the nation that operates both a ground and air ambulance service.
- CHI St. Joseph Health AirMedical is housed at our hospital in Bryan. This means AirMedical crew members gain hospital experience in the ER and trauma care while rounding with ER physicians and trauma surgeons. The result is seamless coordination of care.