Our Weight Loss Surgery Team
Bariatric surgery is a major life event that brings multiple changes. We all know the importance of having support when we’re going through a major life change. Imagine the power of having true medical professionals, people who have experience and expertise in what you’re going through—and who care above and beyond what you could imagine. The medical weight loss team at CHI St. Joseph Health of Bryan, Texas is such a team.
CHI St. Joseph Health’s comprehensive, regionally recognized bariatric surgery program includes five experienced and caring physicians. All CHI St. Joseph Health physicians are board certified and are Fellows of the American College of Surgeons.We believe in building relationships with our patients that lead to successful bariatric surgery and a lifetime of good health. Each patient is treated with respect and will find that we practice medicine with honesty, integrity and compassion.
A team and a complete system that give you the advantage.
In addition to compassionate and skilled surgeons, our bariatric team includes all the support you’ll need to plan, prepare for and walk through the weight loss process and into long-term success.
- A Nutritionist who can help you take an honest look at your eating habits and develop a realistic plan for your success. The nutritionist will also provide support for the practical and emotional factors that are part of developing new, healthy habits.
- A Liaison who will help you with everything from making your initial bariatric surgery decision, to identifying the mental and emotional aspects of medical weight loss and the transforming effect it will have on your life.
- Bariatric Nurses with complete knowledge and extensive experience in surgical weight loss. Nurses who’ve chosen the bariatric field because they understand the impact we’re having on people’s lives and they find it exciting.
- Insurance Experts who know the ins and outs of qualifying for bariatric surgery. And will happily handle the paperwork for you. From pre-approval to processing claims, they do it all. Dealing with your insurance company is a burden you don’t need while you’re working toward your success. We understand that.
- A Support Staff that is here for you and actively protecting your privacy and encouraging you in your journey—our entire team is focused on you. Your support staff includes exercise advisors, counselors, and others who understand bariatric surgery and all of the important parts of long-term weight loss success.