The St. Joseph Health Pediatric Therapy team is made up of skilled occupational therapists, physical therapists and speech therapists. It’s our mission to improve the quality of life of our young patients and promote age-appropriate development for children with special needs and developmental delays.
Our pediatric therapists work as a team to make your child comfortable and help your child achieve his/her full potential. Our pediatric therapy facility includes two interactive pediatric gyms to provide our young patients with a fun and friendly environment that will motivate and engage your child.
Pediatric Physical Therapy
Our physical therapy program helps children with movement disorders or injuries move more independently in their environment. Through play and integration of special equipment, our team promotes gross motor skills and development that include but are not limited to:
- Promoting achievement of developmental milestones such as rolling, sitting, crawling, and walking for infants and toddlers
- Improving gait, balance and coordination skills through play
- Providing stretching and strengthening exercises
- Assisting families in obtaining specialized equipment including custom wheelchairs, assistive devices, and orthotics
- Educating on home exercise programs for torticollis