St. Joseph Health serves the Brazos Valley with the largest team of speech therapists in the region and provide speech therapy in acute care hospitals and outpatient therapy clinics.
Our team is committed to using both traditional and innovative techniques to bring the best results in the shortest amount of time, and provides speech therapy for all ages – pediatric to seniors.
Speech therapists (also known as speech-language pathologists) specialize in communication disorders, as well as swallowing and feeding disorders. St. Joseph Health speech therapists evaluate, diagnose, treat and help to prevent disorders related to speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing and fluency.
Compassionate speech therapists with expertise in these issues:
- Difficulty producing speech sounds or cannot produce them clearly
- Problems with speech rhythm and fluency, such as stuttering
- Voice disorders, such as inappropriate pitch or harsh voice
- Problems understanding and producing language
- Cognitive communication impairments, such as attention, memory and problem solving disorders
- Swallowing and feeding difficulties